Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

TED - App review

Hello fellow readers!

I am still making changes to my blog.  The idea is to provide you with the best experience I can.  And, hopefully entertain, inform, provide ideas, generate new ideas.... who knows.  I like doing posts and hopefully you can help spread the word to your friends... just a thought!

Well today's mantra is:

Bring it on! 

We cannot control what lives brings but we can certainly control how we feel and act.  That brings me to the app review.  I am not sure if you're familiar with TED.  It's a site that provides clips of very well-known speakers in all kinds of fields to share their advice, comments, etc. on a specific topic. They basically say "ideas worth spreading".

I wanted to be able to see these clips on my train ride commute so I downloaded the TED app on my iPhone.




I have to say there is unlimited resources to help you gain new knowledge.  I heard this morning a monk (Matthie Ricard) talking about "The Habits of Happiness".   Basically, we need to work at it like anything else.  And while no one wakes up saying they want to be depress, we still need to work on our feelings and how we deal with our emotions.  At the end, it's about acknowledging our feelings and he, of course, talks about meditation.  It's 18 min long but it was worth it!

Thanks for reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment