Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, June 30, 2013

De-clutter your closet!

Hello,

This weekend I did one of the best cleansing projects -- de-cluttering my closet!!

Here is what I do:

1)  Tackle the monster with an open mind.
2)  Start with the obviuos stuff I been secretly wanted to get rid off.
3)  I consider my current style and what has changed.
4)  I start three piles: keep, charity, maybes
5)  Things I keep in mind:  I need to make sure I have clothes for work, for casual stuff, for going out, lounge wear, sport wear, decent PJs and depending on the season I check what I did not wear on the previous season and what I may wear this season.
6) When in doubt try it on!

I do the same with my shoes, bags, accessories and jewelry [of course the really expensive/valuables are always a keep even if I don't wear them].  If you like to purge, like me, keep in mind you can't get rid of everything :-) if you are a keeper -- remember that the whole point of this project is to end up with less stuff than what you started with.

When in doubt always recruit someone you trust would be honest and have a good sense of style.  This time I tackled this project by myself - my sisters are my go to otherwise.  The folks from What not to wear said once that it is not a matter of quantity but quality.  That's my motto.

This is not an easy task so remember to:



Once you tried all the maybes you end up with two piles (keep and charity).  Getting it back on the closet is another challenge.  If you're too tired, just put things where they use to be and tackle the new closet organization another day.   However, I promise I will write another post with some ideas.

Any other tips on de-clutteting your closet?


No comments:

Post a Comment