Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TIP --- Original wrapping

Hi,

I wanted to share the wrapping of the latest baby shower I attended. Basically I got my friend something from her baby registry on Amazon.com. Which, by the way, if you don't have kids is the best they can do for you. Baby R Us is not registry friendly if you don't have kids. Honestly, I hate that store. I can never find the stuff people register for and the staff is not friendly. At least to me. :-(

Anyway, I got her this very large tub. I pair it with a kit of JnJ baby shampoo, cream, etc and was planning to put a big bow and call it a day. Well, E passes by and tells me "are you not going to wrap that" I felt so guilty not wrapping it and of course it was too late to go buy one of those massive present bags. I got from last Christmas - thanks to Pinterest - brown packing paper, a whole role. That was literally the only thing I had in the house that could cover this tub. While trying to wrap this large, not easy ... shape I decided why not stitch the ends... well it worked:  


Before:


After:



What I used:



 Hole punch, ribbon, scissors and packing paper.

1) Covered the tub leaving the sides open
2) Hole punched the sides making sure the holes where made around the whole package
3) Threading the ribbon through the holes closing the sides.  Careful not to pull too hard - you may ripe the paper
4) Make sure you thread the ribbon across the package

At the end I made a little bow. 



My present looked the part. phew!!! 

any cool ideas on how to wrap weird items?

Thanks for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment