Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

YUM! Easy recipe

Hi,

I have not forgotten about blogging.  It has been hectic - to say the least - couple of days.  I wanted to share an extremely easy recipe I sort of put together with the help of the Internet. 

I had it on my head that I wanted to make a Tuna Tartar.  Basically, we had it at a restaurant and I felt strongly that this must be something I needed to try.  I started by searching online for recipes.  Well, there are more than a handful out there.  Some do include wasabi which I am not a fan. I wanted something simple.  So I kind of made my own version.

Ingredients:

- fresh tuna 
- lemon juice [I think I actually used lime juice]
- soy sauce 
- chives
- sesame seeds
- a pinch of salt
- half of an avocado 

Directions:

1. Cut the tuna in small pieces
2.  Add a little of lemon/lime juice, soy sauce,  handful of  small cut chives, sesame seeds and mix together. 


I did not measure. I just added making sure I was not over saturating the tuna and all the pieces were getting covered in the ingredients.  
Then, I used half and avocado and cut it into small pieces. 


Then, using a ramekin filled the mold with the tartar.  Leaving a little room on the top and then added the avocado.   Flipped the mold onto a place and it looked like this...  


WHOA-LA! I added a toast cut in four and of course some white wine to accompany this meal. 


Try it and let me know how it turns out!!

Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment