Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Finding the right concentration spot!

Hello,

Today I wanted to share a site. Coffitivity!

I work on a very corporate environment.  My desk is part of a large array of cubes.  Like everything there are pro's and con's to where my cube is.  One of the biggest con's is the noise.  Sadly, I can't simply close my door to let my co-workers know that I really need to get something done.  So, I have tried putting my headphones and listening to either Pandora/Songza.  However, I do find myself wondering off, singing ... but sometimes it does work.  I will admit that.

Yesterday, a co-worker mentioned this site call "Coffitivity".  Basically, you open their online page and you hear the background of a coffee shop.  I was pretty much saying to myself why would I want to listen to coffee shop background?  Well, I was extremely surprise to hear that noise of a coffee shop (not so loud, not so quite) actually does help boost creativity and concentration.

Don't believe me... here is the full report that talks about the research (here)

Once I started listing I just imaged I was at a very cool coffee shop in Paris - why not? A bit corny but it took me off work while I was working. HA!

Check it out... and please do write back and let me know what you think.




Click HERE to start you coffee productivity work day!

No comments:

Post a Comment